We the undersigned petition Mole Valley District Council to secure our precious green spaces in Leatherhead. More details
“In the Draft Local Plan document (consultation February-March 2020), the following areas in Leatherhead were proposed as Local Green Space:
· LGS/LH1 Leach Grove Woods, Leatherhead
· LGS/LH2 Kingston Road Recreation Ground, Kingston Road, Leatherhead
· LGS/LH3 King George V Gardens, Bull Hill, Leatherhead
· LGS/LH4 Mansion Gardens, Church Street, Leatherhead
· LGS/LH5 Park Gardens, Church Street, Leatherhead (= the gardens in front of the Church, St. Nicholas).
· LGS/LH6 Fortyfoot Recreation Ground, Fortyfoot Road, Leatherhead
· LGS/LH7 Windmill Drive Open Space, Windmill Drive, Leatherhead
Mole Valley Council Planning Officers are afraid that government inspectors are challenging the value of these precious and lovely places. Please support this petition and help the council to demonstrate how important these green spaces are to us all.
This petition has been rejected because:
Additional information about this rejection:
The issues raised within the petition will be considered as part of the Local Plan Process, which has its own engagement and consultation programme. The proposed petition therefore duplicates the call for evidence being undertaken and overlaps with the presentation and determination of the Regulation 19 plan.